Share us with your Facebook friends!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Family Part One

Blog- Part 1

Family. Both a blessing and a headache. That’s why my spill on The Big Girl’s Code to Family will be split into parts.

I don’t know about you, but my family is crazy. Some of us are just normal crazy, but others are certifiable (we’re all pointing fingers at you, L. We took a vote). Mostly, though, I love my family (excluding the ones I don’t ever claim).

There are the ones I don’t ever claim, though. I don’t know if you’re lucky enough to have a nice family, but some members of my extended clan seem to like to point out that I’m “tipping the scale”. Really? Hadn’t noticed, never looked in a mirror, thought I was a size four, you jackass.

One of my cousins always liked to make fun of my weight because I’ve always been a fabulous big girl. He went a little past teasing and liked to, you know, bend my fingers back and throw my shoes on top of the house, etc, etc. For the longest time I couldn’t understand why he was so mean to me.

Then, my Mom, in all her brilliance, told me something that to this day I still live by. “He’s jealous because you can lose your weight, but he’s going to be ugly forever.” Amen.

Here’s my spill and my advice: just because they’re family doesn’t mean that you have to put up with their crap. Seriously. Treat them like you would any other big girl hater. Actually, because they’re family, you can tell them off more than you would that random stranger. Dish back their criticism.

“Hey, tubby.”

“Hey, how’s those herpes doing?”

Dish it back because they’re family and you know stuff on them! It’s perfect. Never, ever be afraid to stick up for yourself. No matter who it is.

Remember: “I’m beautiful, I’m beautiful, I’M BEAUTIFUL, DAMNIT!”

Xoxo
Anda

No comments:

Post a Comment